An evaluation of YoungMumsAid showed we also make a difference to teenage mothers and their families by:
- Advocating for them with their social workers and foster carers when needed.
- Offering anger management tips to help them better regulate their emotions.
- Supporting with housing issues.
- Referring them to places where they could get practical help and outreach support.
- Helping them make choices about their future education and training.
- Improving their knowledge and understanding about babies’ development through psycho-education.
- Supporting them to think about their relationships and what steps they should take where these have been abusive.
- Developing their interpersonal skills, enabling positive change in their other relationships.